2011: West End was recognized in the May 2011 issue of Fast Company Magazine as one of only 51recipients nationally that contribute bold ideas and employ brilliant urbanites in helping to build the cities of America’s future
2009: West End was awarded with the Volunteer Service Award by New Castle County
2009: West End received the Good Neighbor Ujima Award from State Farm Insurance
2007: The Today Show honored West End Neighborhood House by choosing them as one of five nationwide organizations for their Lend a Hand campaign.
2006: West End was the recipient of the Outstanding Service Award from the First State Community Loan Fund
2003: West End was honored with the Citigroup Impact Award
2003: West End received the Excellence in Community Service Award from the Delaware Community Reinvestment Action Council, Inc.
1999: West End was the recipient of the Chairman’s Award from the United Way of Delaware
Education & Employment
- 2013: Received the Governor’s Outstanding Volunteer Award for Education/Literacy
- 2013: Recognized for outstanding implementation of the Positive Pathways (P3) Mentoring Program by the Mid-Atlantic Network of Youth & Family Services (MANY)
- 2008 & 2009: Five participants received the OAASIS Hall of Fame Award, which recognizes outstanding achievements of graduates of adult education programs in DE.
- 2008 & 2007: Recognized by DOE & Lt. Governor John C. Carney at the ICAL (Interagency Council on Adult Literacy) ceremony for significant contribution to the facilitation of literacy initiatives
- 2006: Recognized as a Program of Excellence by Secretary of Education, Valerie A. Woodruff and Director of Adult Education & Workforce Development, Dr. Fran Tracy-Mumford.
- 1998: U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexis Herman recognized Reflections as a model employment program.
Youth and Families
- 2008: Life Lines and Housing and Financial Management were jointly awarded the Partnership of the Year Award by Barclay Card.
- 2008: The Crisis Alleviation Department received the City Life Partnership Award.
- 2006: Life Lines was awarded the Barclay Card US Chairman’s Award for their work with former foster care youth.
Financial Management Services
- 2008: The Worker’s Loan Program, now Loans Plus, received the United Way of Delaware Community Impact Award.
- 2007: The Security Deposits and Family Resource staff received Commendation from the City Of Wilmington City Council for “contributions in an emergency situation” for work with families affected by the West 3rd Street explosion
- 1999: The Security Deposit Program was awarded the DE NARHO Community Development Block Grant Best Practices Award.
- 2008: Cornerstone West was recognized by the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) for its excellence in innovation in housing and community development and received the prestigious Award of Merit.
- 2008: Cornerstone West was the recipient of the MARC NAHRO Award of Excellence for Speakman Place.
- 2007: Cornerstone West received the Andrew J. Turner Fair Housing Award (from the Housing Opportunities of Northern Delaware).
- 2005: Cornerstone West received the MARC NAHRO Award for Project Innovation and Community Revitalization
- 2003: Cornerstone received the DCRAC Excellence in Community Service Award.
- 2002: Cornerstone West was the recipient of the Ambassador Award from the Delaware Chapter of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials.
- 2001: Cornerstone West received the Housing Capacity Building Program Outstanding Work Award and the Organization Excellence Award for Housing Development.
- 2000: Cornerstone West received the HUD Best Practice Award.